Complainer: Alice Taylor
Medias: tema.al, lexo.com.al, javanews.al, tiranapost.al, gazetadiaspora.al, alpenews.al
Titles of the articles:
- (javanews.al) FOTO / Investigimi/ Gazetarja që flet për Shqipërinë në televizionin rus, gruaja e truprojës së Bashës!
- (lexo.com.al) Faktet/ Gruaja e shoqëruesit të Bashës flet keq për Shqipërinë në mediat ruse dhe shkruan për portalin e këshilltarit të kryedemokratit
- (lexo.com.al) FOTOT/ Mohoi se shkruante në tsarizm.com, ja provat se gazetarja pranë PD-së kontribuon për portalin e lidhur me rusët
- (Diaspora.al) Theu rendin dhe sigurinë publike/ Procedohet penaIisht ‘ithtari’ i Bashës, i fejuari i gazetares që nxin Shqipërinë në mediat pranë PD dhe ato ruse
- (tiranapost.al) Mohoi se shkruante në tsarizm.com, ja provat se gazetarja pranë PD-së kontribuon për portalin e lidhur me rusët
- (Alpenews.al)ZBULOHEN LIDHJET/ Gazetarja që nxin Shqipërinë në televizionin rus është gruaja e shoqëruesit të Bashës dhe shkruan… (FOTO)
- (Tema.al) Journalist who gave bad commentary on Albania in Russian TV; she writes for democrat’s advisor’s news portal on a regular basis.
Dates of publication:
- alpenews.al 24/02/2019
- tema.al 25/02/2019 – 13:03
- lexo.al 24.02.2019 – 11:30 dhe 25/02/2019 – 12:09
- javanews.al 25/02/2019 – 13:45
- Tiranapost.al 25/02/2019 – 11:40AM
Links to the articles:
Complaint: defamation and publication of fake news, breach of privacy that could lead to risks about one’s life.
THE DECISION OF TE BOARD
THE BOARD of Ethics found that the publications filed in the fore-mentioned complaint do breach a number of articles of the Albanian Journalist’s Code of Ethics.
Since the publications are based on the same arguments the recommendation of the Board of Ethics is valid for all of them.
Articles of the code that were breached:
1 –Accuracy and Fairness of Information
Information served in the publications is not verified and misleading.
Some of the conclusions are not based on facts:
“russian portal tsarizm.com”
“…to the chain of the Russian links of Basha is added also the wife of his bodyguard…”
2 – Distinguishing Fact from Opinion
The accuses against the journalist Taylor are based on opinions disguised as facts, as for example:
“negative writing about Albania”,
“the journalist close to Democratic Party”,
“to do the propaganda of the Democrat Chairman”,
“The journalist that blackens Albania in the russian TV”,
“Tsarizm has published plenty of articles which are aimed at discrediting the Albanian identity. The same thing was also done by Alice Taylor”,
Besides the direct accusations against Taylor, in general the publications filed in the complaint are filled with suppositions and opinions instead of facts.
9 – Breach of privacy
Because of her writings, it has been a breach of her privacy bringing into the conflict a member of her family.
11 – Incitement of Crime and Violence
By treating her as a “traitor” and a person who “discredits the Albanian identity”, as well as accompanying the publications with her (unauthorised) photos, the journalist might become a target of violence.
13 – Reporting of Court Procedures and the Presumption of Innocence
The Presumption of Innocence in regard of the complainer’s fiancé is not respected when treated as person “who broke the order and public security”. No journalist or media should consider anybody guilty until proven by the Court.
We recommend that the portals must take the prublications offline.
Members of the Board present in the meeting of the date 6 march 2019: av. Enio Haxhimihali, Dr. Mark Marku, Agim Baçi, Dr. Denata Toçe.